The Importance of Lawn Mower Maintenance
There are few pieces of equipment you use in your home that take as much of a beating as your lawnmower. Whether you have a push model or a ride-on mower, you expect it to be up and running come spring and summer. Lack of maintenance, however, can lead to a shorter lifespan for your mower – which is why performing proper maintenance is important. Timely landscape equipment repair in Toronto will prevent major breakdowns and help to avoid early replacement costs.
Tips for Maintaining Your Lawnmower
Landscaping equipment in Toronto is used at its maximum from May to August. Most likely, you will mow your lawn at least once a week; so make sure you take care of your lawnmower if you want it to continue running well all summer long. Some ways you can do that include:
- Reading your owner’s manual. This tells you how to maintain your lawnmower, any preventative maintenance you should do, etc. It is your best guide for ensuring you keep your lawnmower running year-round.
- Drain gas at the end of the season. When you do your last mow and get ready to put away the landscaping equipment before Toronto’s winter sets in, do not forget to drain out any gas remaining in the tank.
- Monitor oil levels inside your lawnmower and look for any signs of debris in the tank. If your oil is old or contaminated, change it out.
- At least once a month, you should clean the undercarriage of your lawnmower by scraping away grass clippings and debris that has become lodged underneath.
- If your model has one, inspect the air filter and make sure it is cleaned. A clogged air filter can make your lawnmower’s engine work overtime and burn out.
- Sharpen your lawnmower’s blade. This will prevent your lawnmower from ripping the grass rather than cutting it and save your lawn from having brown tips after each mow.
- Mow consistently. Try to keep the pattern you mow your lawn consistent. If you go diagonal, keep it diagonal with each mow. Also, do not let your grass get too long; it will take your lawnmower longer and more energy to cut down deep blades of grass.
Landscaping Equipment Repair by the Leading Professionals in Toronto
If your lawnmower breaks, do not toss it out. Instead, take it in for landscape equipment repair in Toronto. The team at Hitch City can repair your lawnmower and get it back up and running again.
Contact us today with your lawnmower maintenance questions, or come by one of our three locations to see our line of landscape equipment in Toronto.